Monday, January 17, 2011

Citations

When i hear the word 'citation' the first thing that comes to mind is research papers. In high school, I was alway told to use APA style citations, but in my classes here at ISU i have been using MLA, i dont really have a preference, they are both the same to me. However, it is important to cite sources because of plagiarism. If you dont cite people who read your work will assume that you came up with the ideas or support yourself without help from others, therefore, it's good to recognize the sources that helped you with your own ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, Laura! Despite a lot of assumptions there are subtle differences in APA and MLA...some of which I'm still vaguely familiar with myself. However, I like that you touch upon this idea that while we have multiple citation styles; often they seem very similar.

    ReplyDelete